Serving at Oak Tree is a practical way we live out our mission to Know, Love, and Serve Jesus Christ and the people around us. Below you'll find encouraging Bible verses and a "List of Ministies" detailing our growing needs and opportunities to serve. We hope you will pray and consider serving with us!
- Spiritual gifts are given to the church body “to serve one another” (1 Peter 4:10).
- Exercising “care for one another” is a strategy against division (1 Corinthians 12:25).
- Believers must “show hospitality” (1 Peter 4:9) and “contribute to the needs of the saints” (Romans 12:13).
- As members serve in the church they “make the body grow so that it builds itself up in love” (Ephesians 4:16).
- For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. (Galatians 5:13).
List of Opportunities to Serve at Oak Tree
Note: Ministries with * means Membership is required w/ ** Membership is required, plus cleared background check. If you are interested in serving, please contact Elsa Murphy for a “Next Steps” Application here.
** Children’s Ministry
Prepares and provides activities related to children with an emphasis on God’s Word and growing in Christ. Contact Ronae Thompson here
* Care Ministry
Sends out encouragement card in the mail to past members and visitors of Oak Tree. Makes personal phone calls to past members and visitors to show care and support. here
Prepares the elements for Communion. here
Provides bulletins and greets people before Sunday service. here
* Meal Team
Coordinates provision of meals at times of need in the church family. here
* Missions Coordinator
Provides updates on missionaries sponsored by Oak Tree Community Church. here
* Music Ministry
Serves to help lead congregation in Sunday morning worship. here
* Prayer Team
Prays for the needs of Oak Tree and coordinates prayer meetings. here
Sunday Service & Tech Support
Provides support on Sundays including facility set-up and tear down, audio and computer technical support, and set-up of Oak Tree signs. here
Welcomes and directs new visitors and answers questions about Oak Tree. Provides coffee and refreshments for Sunday morning. Contact Lauren Randez for more information here.
** Youth Ministry
Shares the love of Christ and reaches out to teenagers, with a focus on the Word of God, discipleship, and fun activities. Also, makes personal phone calls to families and teenagers to show care and support. If you are interested in helping us reestablish our youth program, please reach out to Pastor Matt for more details here.